Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes Yield: 11 Muffins
2 cups cashew meal or flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon potato starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1⁄2 tablespoons organic butter (or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon carob powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup honey
3 tablespoons milk alternative of choice
Nuts of choice & dark chocolate to top muffins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. If you are making your own cashew meal, see ‘Cooking Tips’
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Place the liquid ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender then pour the dry ingredients on top.
5. Process on high until well combined. If using a high-powered blender, use the tamper to help push down the ingredients.
6. Scoop the batter out and place into a bowl.
7. Using a tablespoon – scoop equal amounts of batter into a muffin tray with 11 cupcake liners.
8. Place 2-3 whole or chopped nuts/chocolate chips on the top of each muffin (optional).
9. Place in oven and cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Per Muffin: 155 calories, 9.8g fat, 13.3g carbs, 3.7g protein