Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 2.5 Minutes Total Time: 7.5 Minutes Yield: 1 Muffin
2⁄3 cup frozen berries, thawed and puréed
3 tablespoons almond meal
1 1⁄2 tablespoons berry purée
1⁄2 teaspoon honey
1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
Additional frozen or fresh berries to serve (optional)
1. Mix muffin ingredients into a 2 cup round glass heat-proof bow (pyrex).
2. Let the dough sit for 4 minutes before microwaving.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes and 40 seconds.
4. Carefully remove the muffin and place on a serving plate.
5. Warm remaining berry purée & drizzle over prepared muffin, top with oil and fresh frozen berries.
Per Muffin: 277 calories, 16g fats, 24g carbs, 11g protein [...]
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes Yield: 11 Muffins
2 cups cashew meal or flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon potato starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1⁄2 tablespoons organic butter (or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon carob powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup honey
3 tablespoons milk alternative of choice
Nuts of choice & dark chocolate to top muffins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. If you are making your own cashew meal, see ‘Cooking Tips’
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Place the liquid ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender then pour the dry ingredients on top.
5. Process on high until well combined. If using a high-powered blender, use the tamper to help push down the ingredients.
6. Scoop the batter out and place into a bowl.
7. Using a tablespoon – scoop equal amounts of batter into a muffin tray with 11 cupcake liners.
8. Place 2-3 whole or chopped nuts/chocolate chips on the top of each muffin (optional).
9. Place in oven and cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Per Muffin: 155 calories, 9.8g fat, 13.3g carbs, 3.7g protein [...]
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Yield: 2 Servings
1 fresh peach, chopped up & pits removed
1 fresh pear, cored & chopped into small pieces
1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
1⁄8 cup water
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 whole frozen bananas, peeled & chopped
1 fresh banana, peeled and chopped
1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Additional slices of banana & peaches for garnish (optional)
1. Place the fresh peach, pear, 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, water and ground cinnamon into the base of a blender.
2. Process on high until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a pan & heat gently until hot & almost bubbly (try not to let mixture boil).
4. Rinse out the blender and prepare the Banana Cream Sorbet.
5. Place the 3 bananas, coconut milk & vanilla into the base of the blender & process on high until smooth & creamy.
6. Scoop the banana mixture from the blender & scoop into individual serving bowls.
7. Top each sundae with warm peach & pear syrup & optional fresh banana & peach slices.
Per Serving: 322 calories, 1g fat, 83g carbs, 3g protein [...]